[Yast4debian-devel] Re: YaST on debian

Ramon Acedo ramon@linux-labs.net
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:02:07 +0100

Hello everyone,
El lun, 14-02-2005 a las 13:17 +0100, Mario Fux escribi=F3:
> Am Montag, 14. Februar 2005 12.21 schrieben Sie:

> > Sorry for not introducing myself. I'm the team leader of the Prague Y=
aST
> > team (we work on installation, running system modules, perl-bindings,
> > devtools, libraries).
I'm glad to see SuSE people being interested, welcome and thanks to
Stanislav, und Klaus.
>=20
> Ok, so Ramon might have some questions to you!
Right. I had to stop working because I had some problems when loading
modules just when I had less time. In the YaST language there are
modules which can be either a perl module (*.pm) or a compiled YaST
language module (*.ybc). OK, then the module 'Users', which need to be
loaded by YaST, in Debian tries to load Users.ybc, which doesn't exist,
and in SuSE it tries to load (and loads) Users.pm which is the actual
module... I found this stracing the binaries while running.

Where is decided what to load? I'm sorry I looked at the code quickly
and found some things I can't remember now. Anyway if the problem is
easy to solve the solutions will be welcome, if it isn't don't worry
as I'll start from the begining.

What I have planned now is to start again with the last versions of
everything.

I'm sorry but I'm not as available as I thought but I hopefully will
find some holes in my schedule.

Thanks Mario for your efforts. I'd like to hear from the others as
well :-)

Gruss.

Ramon

PD: I'm posting this to the list as a first post.