Resending Ramons mail: [Yast4debian-devel] Re: YaST on debian

Stanislav Visnovsky visnov@suse.cz
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:50:11 +0100

Hi!

D=C5=88a Streda 16 Febru=C3=A1r 2005 00:23 Mario Fux nap=C3=ADsal:
> Here is Ramons mail again because I'm not sure all subscribed received it
> (what a bad english).
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> > Ok, so Ramon might have some questions to you!
>
> Right. I had to stop working because I had some problems when loading
> modules just when I had less time. In the YaST language there are
> modules which can be either a perl module (*.pm) or a compiled YaST
> language module (*.ybc). OK, then the module 'Users', which need to be
> loaded by YaST, in Debian tries to load Users.ybc, which doesn't exist,
> and in SuSE it tries to load (and loads) Users.pm which is the actual
> module... I found this stracing the binaries while running.
>
> Where is decided what to load? I'm sorry I looked at the code quickly
> and found some things I can't remember now. Anyway if the problem is
> easy to solve the solutions will be welcome, if it isn't don't worry
> as I'll start from the begining.

There is a generic broker to get a "namespace" The broker asks every alread=
y=20
registered Y2ComponentCreator to create a component for a namespace. The=20
order is a bit tricky, but basically WFM should act first IIRC (there is so=
me=20
code in the Y2ComponentBroker about priorities and directory prefix levels).

=46or YCP modules, the Y2CCWFM reacts by looking up the corresponding ybc f=
ile=20
(YCP bytecode) file.

=46or perl, Y2LangLoader loads the Perl bindings component from the=20
libpy2lang_perl.so file. This component registers its creator and this=20
creator is able to look up the .pm file.

So, the question is, if you see libpy2lang_perl being open. It should put i=
nto=20
a log something about starting and stopping the Perl interpreter.

> What I have planned now is to start again with the last versions of
> everything.

SuSE 9.2, right?

Hope this helps. If not, please, attach the strace.

Stano