[Yast4debian-devel] Personal status report

Stanislav Visnovsky visnov at suse.cz
Fri Sep 23 07:08:09 UTC 2005

Hi all

Technical comment about portability: in SUSE Linux 10.0 (or openSUSE), YaST
storage module uses a library with C++ API to access the system. The library
defines its API via SWIG interface. The idea is to support portability by
replacing/adapting the library below, so the rest of YaST does not need to
change.

Another example of this approach is the bootloader module and partially
package manager.

BTW, is the mailing list open already or not? Personally, I feel it's fine to
open it up.

Stano

Dňa Pondelok 12 September 2005 18:31 Mario Fux napísal: