[Aakash-hackers] Bootstrapping for Aakash

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 16:33:49 UTC 2014

Pirate Praveen <praveen at autistici.org> writes:

> On Sunday 02 February 2014 05:12 AM, Srikant wrote:
>> Hello Vasudev and others,
>>
>> 1. We were unable to install LIMA previously. Yes, it would be good to
>> have a Debian package.
>>     Also, we need to do following (no particular order, based on recall):
>>     a) Enable camera
>>     b) Suspend to RAM
>>     c) sleep (screen off, not display off with backlight on)
>>     d) Wifi discovery issue (unable to connect same network)
>>     e) Battery monitor(works only in 13.10)
>>     f) Touchscreen driver for gsl1680 and one more (@Sachin, do you
>> remember ?)
>>     g) Touchscreen issues, enable long press right click in gt811 and ft5x
>>     h) Boot logo in Uboot, it takes around ~3s to get kernel logo
>>     i)  Freeing 128MB reserved memory for MALI
>>     j) One image for all variants of Aakash (same specs, different
>> touchscreens, 5 so far)
>>

> I think we should enable task tracking and track each issue separately.
> Some issues could be filed as bugs directly against respective
> packages.

We can do that. Srikant there is option to enable tracker can you add
these issues in it?.

I do have some answers for Srikant's question but I need some time to
write it up as a mail which was actually discussion between me and Paul
Wise from Debian.

Btw do have a look at this [1]

[1] http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/log/2012/12/03/debian-mobile/

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info
Connect on ~friendica: copyninja at samsargika.copyninja.info
IRC nick: copyninja | vasudev {irc.oftc.net | irc.freenode.net}
GPG Key: C517 C25D E408 759D 98A4  C96B 6C8F 74AE 8770 0B7E