[Adduser-devel] Re: Please update the Portuguese manpages of adduser

Marc Haber mh+debian-packages at zugschlus.de
Wed Oct 26 12:58:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 02:09:49PM +0200, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> Hmm, it's translation independant, "spefied" in the English version of
> deluser.conf.5 must be fixed :)

Argh. I didn't see the typo.

> You can follow and adapt to po4a
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s6.6.2.3
> to avoid fuzzy strings in translation.

I hope I did it right.

> > > I would like to make a remark, the file you sent pt_PT.tar.gz
> > > does not contain pt_PT translation, in fact it is pt_BR translation,
> > > I just did a review, unfuzzy the strings and added my name as a
> > > translator.
>
> Indeed, I don't know why during the switch I thought that it was
> pt_PT (the already translated manpages where named using pt_BR, maybe I
> was tired). Sorry for this mistake. Marc, you can remove pt_PT.po, and
> rename the addendum using pt_BR or remove it if Felipe has sent a new
> one.

I did that, and I adapted po4a.conf which I omitted while committing
Felipes changes. However, po4a now complains about an unknown encoding:

$ po4a po4a.conf
 (162 entries)
 Unknown encoding '' at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/TransTractor.pm line 825

which vanished after replacing the obviously broken

Now, I get
$ po4a po4a.conf
 (162 entries)
 No candidate position for the addendum translator_pt_BR.add.
 Addendum translator_pt_BR.add does NOT apply to ../adduser.8.pt_BR (translation discarded).

which was solved by iconving translator_pt_BR.add from iso-8859-1 to
utf-8.

The more I think about it, I believe that a doc/Makefile is probably
in order to get the complexity from debian/rules.

Greetings
Marc