[Adduser-devel] Re: Please update the Portuguese manpages of adduser

Thomas Huriaux thomas.huriaux at kti.ae.poznan.pl
Wed Oct 26 13:15:57 UTC 2005

Marc Haber <mh+debian-packages at zugschlus.de> (26/10/2005):
> I did that, and I adapted po4a.conf which I omitted while committing
> Felipes changes. However, po4a now complains about an unknown encoding:
>
> $ po4a po4a.conf
>  (162 entries)
>  Unknown encoding '' at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/TransTractor.pm line 825
>
> which vanished after replacing the obviously broken
>
> Now, I get
> $ po4a po4a.conf
>  (162 entries)
>  No candidate position for the addendum translator_pt_BR.add.
>  Addendum translator_pt_BR.add does NOT apply to ../adduser.8.pt_BR (translation discarded).
>
> which was solved by iconving translator_pt_BR.add from iso-8859-1 to
> utf-8.

Everything is ok, charset in *.po must be specified, and the addendum
charset must be the same as the po file charset. Don't hesitate to tell
the translators to be very carefull and to fix it when you have such
mistakes.

> The more I think about it, I believe that a doc/Makefile is probably
> in order to get the complexity from debian/rules.

I even think that you should have a global Makefile, calling the
different Makefiles in the subdirectories, with install: and uninstall:
targets. Here, the way to build/clean/install your package is really too
Debian-specific (even if I know that adduser is Debian-specific).

--
Thomas Huriaux