[Adduser-devel] argh

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Wed Apr 26 17:16:27 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Marc Haber said:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 04:51:02PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> >
> > Did you mean to leave the <<<<<<'s in?
>
> No, and there aren't any in my local copy? Which file are you refering
> to?

steve at gashuffer:~/trunk$ svn up
At revision 562.
steve at gashuffer:~/trunk$ egrep -n '(< \.mine|> \.r562)' adduser
109:<<<<<<< .mine
114:>>>>>>> .r562
132:<<<<<<< .mine
144:>>>>>>> .r562
196:<<<<<<< .mine
200:>>>>>>> .r562
204:<<<<<<< .mine
208:>>>>>>> .r562
210:<<<<<<< .mine
214:>>>>>>> .r562

> > And what is going on that my
> > patches don't apply correctly?  I svn up, edit, svn diff, submit.
>
> And if I commit other changes in the mean time, we get conflicts,
> which cannot be elegantly solved since you cannot (yet) commit. I
> think this is bad luck for today, since I spent some time with adduser
> today (which I don't do every day).
>
> It would probably be helpful to svn update again before doing the diff
> so that you at least incorporate changes that somebody else committed
> while you were editing into your diff.

Fair enough.  I will try to get better at it.  In the meantime, sorry
for the messiness.
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |