[Adduser-devel] Intent to issue a documentation QA upload for adduser

Dr. Tobias Quathamer toddy at debian.org
Sat Jun 11 10:29:21 UTC 2016

Am 11.06.2016 um 12:06 schrieb Helge Kreutzmann:
> Hello Marc,
> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:40:59AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 02:56:11PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
>>> there are quite a few pending documentation / translation issues for
>>> adduser. We discussed the matter on debian-l10n-german and I decided
>>> to prepare a QA upload. Before uploading, I would also issue a call for
>>> translation (updates), for debconf, the programm translation and the
>>> man page translation.
>>
>> Please hold off your work for two weeks. I have just gotten in touch
>> with three people who want to help with adduser maintanence. It is
>> likely that adduser will migrate to git soon. In this case, I would
>> give you commit privileges to git so that you can directly commit
>> translation things, or - your choice - you can submit pull requests.
>
> Do you have an ETA when the git repository will be available? Once it
> is up, I would like to commit all the changes including the received
> translations.

Hi Helge,

it seems that there is a git repository now:
<https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/adduser/adduser.git>

At least the Vietnamese translation has already been updated in that
repository, maybe you just need to join the adduser alioth project to be
able to commit your fixes:
<https://alioth.debian.org/projects/adduser/>

The other approach would be to ask Afif, the new maintainer, to commit
your fixes for you, as he has done already for the Vietnamese translation.

HTH, best regards,
Tobias