[Adduser-devel] Intent to issue a documentation QA upload for adduser

Helge Kreutzmann debian at helgefjell.de
Sun Jun 12 04:02:43 UTC 2016

Hello Afif,
On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 05:29:45PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> على السبت 11 حزيران 2016 ‫03:29، كتب Dr. Tobias Quathamer:
> > Am 11.06.2016 um 12:06 schrieb Helge Kreutzmann:
> >>
> >> Do you have an ETA when the git repository will be available?
> >> Once it is up, I would like to commit all the changes including
> >> the received translations.
> >
> > it seems that there is a git repository now:
> > <https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/adduser/adduser.git>
> >

> Yes, that is the new repository. It's all ready to go.
>
> > At least the Vietnamese translation has already been updated in
> > that repository, maybe you just need to join the adduser alioth
> > project to be able to commit your fixes:
> > <https://alioth.debian.org/projects/adduser/>
> >

> That is an option. Marc is the only admin on the Alioth group, so he
> would have to be the one to add members for commit access. I've taken
> him out of Cc since he's subscribed to the list (as am I).
>

> > The other approach would be to ask Afif, the new maintainer, to
> > commit your fixes for you, as he has done already for the
> > Vietnamese translation.
> >

> I was planning to handle the rest as a batch, but I haven't had time
> to do it so far. Let me know if there's anything besides this that I
> need to do for the next upload.

Well, as I stated in my initial mail I prepared a complete upload
locally and also several translators send me the translation (not
necesarily as bug reports).

As Marc stated, I would prefer to have (temporarily) commit access to
this repository and then I would commit everything I have locally.
Then you have a clean start. Once everything is in, I don't need
commit access anymore, of course.

If that is no option for you, please tell me, then I would need to
send everything to you, but please note that then you probabyl would
loose some information regarding author(s) of changes.

If commit access is possible, I'd like to do so in the next days.

Greetings

           Helge

      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     debian at helgefjell.de