[Advacs-discuss] International flavours.

David Palmer davidpalmer@westnet.com.au
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:40:14 +0800

Hello,

Quote:->> But VAT calculation is getting more complex nowadays,
especially in some
> > branches like building & construction.

>  I do feel it needs its own module; and doing it like that makes the
>  whole thing more flexible for use in countries which don't have
>  VAT.-:Unquote.

Perhaps in this way the different international packages could be
defined for downloading.
Other countries have their own particular quirks, e.g., G.S.T., goods
and services tax. The VAT module may well only need renaming for that
purpose.

I note in the project description that the aim is to meet international
accounting standards, but does this provide the necessary compliance
requirements for acceptance by the multitude of national tax departments
for their respective endorsements?

Just my take, but I think that this would be the fastest way to gain
market acceptance if these respective tax departments were to list the
future Advacs package as approved goods, as this is generally the first
place accountants look when determining their software requirements.
I have already emailed the Australian tax dept. re their compliance
requirements, but perhaps a little further research might pay dividends
with regard to acceptance within the U.S. and other markets?
Regards,

David.