[Advacs-discuss] Advacs accounting system

John Hasler john@dhh.gt.org
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:53:36 -0500

More US-isms for the glossary:

Cost of Sales                   Cost of Goods Sold
Credit Note                     Credit Memo
Daybook                         Journal
Delivery Note                   Packing List
Profit and Loss Account         Expense and Revenue Summary
Turnover                        Gross Sales (or just Gross)

Oliver writes:
> My object is to make this system usable even for small traders, whose
> turnover might be less than =A350000 per annum.

I think we should target our first release at this market and add feature=
needed only by large firms later (though we should plan for the latter fr=
om
the beginning).

> The alternative to summarising a subsidiary ledger on such a report is =
> print out every account, which effectively makes the report unusable
> because of its bulk.  Using the concept of subsidiary ledgers also help=
> to explain how other modules relate to the General Ledger module.

Yes.  Let's keep the controlling accounts.  The details are all still the=
re
in the subsiduary ledgers.
--=20
John Hasler