[Advacs-discuss] [Fwd: RE: Software Compliance.]

David Palmer davidpalmer@westnet.com.au
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:45:26 +0800

Oliver Elphick wrote:

>Thanks.  (At last Alioth is back up and your message arrived.)
>
>The ATO requirements are specifically about tax so far as I can see.
>This is useful to have, but it's the person who writes the Australian
>tax module who will need the exact details.
>
>I'll try to build a sample interface to a tax module soon so that there
>will be a target to shoot at.

Wish I was in a position to help with that.
I've ordered a book on basic accounting
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=zg6f71r9Qw&isbn=0070375933&itm=1
 as I've always been primarily involved with production/sales fields in
the past, and I'm not particularly familiar with the accounting environment.
I'm involved with basic bash at the moment, with plans for C and then
either Python or Ruby after that.
I thought that I would begin by getting involved on the doc side of
things, and sgml/xml seem to be the approved mediums, but I've been
looking at Xhtml so as to have a greater degree of availability for
websites, as well as still retaining the xml toolbox for translation
into other mediums.
What are everybodies views here of the situation?
Regards,

David.