[Advacs-discuss] docbook xml and tools

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut@wollmersdorfer.at
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:01:42 +0200

David Palmer wrote:
> Oliver Elphick wrote:

>> Which stylesheet do we use?

> Html would probably be the main contender. Although we would also have
> to supply the sort of comprehensive coverage that Helmut suggests in his
> post. Info also, to keep Colin Watson happy.

I do not know him and he does not pay me;-)

- man:  according to debian policy man pages are mandatory.
- HTML: usable for online reading at www, download, etc.
- PDF:  I hate this format (for a lot of reasons - usability,
         conflicting with standards, etc.), but many users like
         to have printed paper. And most users are not able
         (or don't know) to handle TEX, PS, or print from
         Web-Browser (using a print-optimized stylesheet).
- HELP: for the convenience of the users

Helmut Wollmersdorfer