[Advacs-discuss] Modules

David Palmer davidpalmer@westnet.com.au
Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:45:07 +0800

Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

> David Palmer wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to create the modules as separate packages, to be
>> downloaded as each scenario requires them?
>> That is, create the GL as a separate base module/package, and then
>> create all other modules as add-ons.
>

> It is possible to use the GL without all the other modules.
> But most companies need Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Cash Book.
> The core modules should be in one package for convenience of
> installation. Additional and national modules can be in extra packages.

Yes, that's what I was thinking.
Make the 'base' module what a typical home-based business would need,
planning for the expansion into enterprise requirement while doing so.
In this way we could develop a scenario whereby even ecommerce could be
hooked directly into the accounts structure (sales ledger?). This is a
factor that even small business is actioning these days.
Regards,

David.