[Advacs-discuss] [Fwd: Re: gnucash compatibility]

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut@wollmersdorfer.at
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 20:10:19 +0200

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 14:54, David Palmer wrote:

>>Anything we could use, beg, borrow or steal?

> Not in implemenatation, but we should always be looking for good ideas
> to appropriate from other accounting systems.

And we should not clone the bad things.
Some days ago I tried gnucash. At first it looks nice, with an entry
line like a spread sheet. But I was not able to enter a transaction. The
second thing I wondered about was, that I could not select the German
chart of accounts, or German language. Maybe it installes English,
because I have locale English. But why do I never have a chance to
select another language?

A nice thing is the tree of accounts where you can show or hide details.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer