[Advacs-discuss] [Fwd: Re: gnucash compatibility]

David Palmer davidpalmer@westnet.com.au
Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:11:19 +0800

Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

> And we should not clone the bad things.
> Some days ago I tried gnucash. At first it looks nice, with an entry
> line like a spread sheet. But I was not able to enter a transaction.
> The second thing I wondered about was, that I could not select the
> German chart of accounts, or German language. Maybe it installes
> English, because I have locale English. But why do I never have a
> chance to select another language?
>
> A nice thing is the tree of accounts where you can show or hide details.

Something that may yield something of interest to you, Helmut, is the
gnucash-hbci package.
Developed in Germany to cater to the German home banking system.
I haven't looked at it myself, but I understand it's available as a
debian package.
Regards,

David.