[Apt-cacher-ng-users] Have ACNG remap local repository

Andrea Brugiolo nick at linux.it
Wed Mar 14 17:25:26 UTC 2012

Hi all :)

I have Apt Cacher NG up and running great on my server: let's say it
is available as http://myapt.myfakedomain.com/.

Now I have configured, on the same server, a local repository, with
Reprepro, for my self-made Debian packages: let's say it is available
as http://myapt.myfakedomain.com:8080/.

Both the services are working great if I access them separately.

Now I would like to unify the access points for my clients so as they
could use uniform urls, i. e. put a line

  deb http://myapt.myfakedomain.com/fufy sid

in their sources.list in order to download my self-made Debian with
apt.

I tried to configure a remap url in Apt Cacher NG in the
/etc/apt-cacher-ng/acng.conf file:

  Remap-fufy: /fufy ; http://myapt.myfakedomain.com:8080/debian

(I could have used 'localhost', instead) but it doesn't work: my
clients obtain that all the sid packages of the official Debian
mirrors become available (which I don't want to) but not the ones I
have made myself (which is what I want).

Where is my error?

To be exact:

 * the line 'deb http://myapt.myfakedomain.com/debian wheezy main' is
   already working as expected for my clients (Apt Cacher NG);

 * the line 'deb http://myapt.myfakedomain.com:8080/debian sid main'
   is working fine too (Reprepro repository accessed directly);

 * what I want is to wipe out the 8080 port in my sources.list files
   in favour of the '/fufy' syntax, in order to uniform urls.

Thank you very much for your attention

Andrea