[Apt-cacher-ng-users] Have ACNG remap local repository

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Wed Mar 14 22:27:53 UTC 2012

Hallo,
* Andrea Brugiolo [Wed, Mar 14 2012, 06:25:26PM]:
> Hi all :)
>
> I have Apt Cacher NG up and running great on my server: let's say it
> is available as http://myapt.myfakedomain.com/.
>
> Now I have configured, on the same server, a local repository, with
> Reprepro, for my self-made Debian packages: let's say it is available
> as http://myapt.myfakedomain.com:8080/.

Well, let's call a spade a spade. This is a web server serving your
local file system (Reprepro's package directory) under some non-80 port,
and your apt-cacher-ng installation is using port 80. Tell me if I
confused something.

> Now I would like to unify the access points for my clients so as they
> could use uniform urls, i. e. put a line
>
>   deb http://myapt.myfakedomain.com/fufy sid
>
> in their sources.list in order to download my self-made Debian with
> apt.

Ok, that means you are using the http-proxy configuration style on your
clients.

> I tried to configure a remap url in Apt Cacher NG in the
> /etc/apt-cacher-ng/acng.conf file:
>
>   Remap-fufy: /fufy ; http://myapt.myfakedomain.com:8080/debian
>
> (I could have used 'localhost', instead) but it doesn't work: my

a) You forgot to mention your software version. For long time, it wasn't
possible to use any non-default port as target URL. Basic support was
added in version 0.6.4, extended in 0.6.10.

b) I see no point in creating a remap scheme anyway: it would just
create additonal internal connection and waste file descriptors and CPU
cycles. Instead, you could use the "web server mode", see LocalDirs
option for details. That feature has been available since version 0.5.3.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<pasc> man
<pasc> the AMD64 camp is not helped by the list of people supporting it