[Apt-cacher-ng-users] Have ACNG remap local repository

Andrea Brugiolo nick at linux.it
Thu Mar 15 12:08:45 UTC 2012

Hello Eduard

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:27:53PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> Well, let's call a spade a spade. This is a web server serving your
> local file system (Reprepro's package directory) under some non-80 port,
> and your apt-cacher-ng installation is using port 80. Tell me if I
> confused something.

No, you are perfect :)

> Ok, that means you are using the http-proxy configuration style on your
> clients.

Perfect.

> > I tried to configure a remap url in Apt Cacher NG in the
> > /etc/apt-cacher-ng/acng.conf file:
> >
> >   Remap-fufy: /fufy ; http://myapt.myfakedomain.com:8080/debian
> >
> > (I could have used 'localhost', instead) but it doesn't work: my
>
> a) You forgot to mention your software version. For long time, it wasn't
> possible to use any non-default port as target URL. Basic support was
> added in version 0.6.4, extended in 0.6.10.

Oops, you are right: my software version is 0.5.1 (Debian 0.5.1-3). I see.

> b) I see no point in creating a remap scheme anyway: it would just
> create additonal internal connection and waste file descriptors and CPU
> cycles. Instead, you could use the "web server mode", see LocalDirs
> option for details. That feature has been available since version 0.5.3.

I seem that is something I tried *before* , with something like this:

   Remap-fufy: /var/cache/reprepro/ /fufy

with no success but, now I see, it could be because of my ACNG version
(I see no LocalDirs option available in my version) so I will try to
upgrade ACNG, first.

Thank you very much for your answer Eduard, and for ACNG :-)

I'll be back :-)

Andrea