[Apt-cacher-ng-users] Partial mirroring "PrecacheFor not set, check configuration!"

Michael . keltoiboy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 03:34:31 UTC 2017

I have installed apt-cacher-ng to my new (but old test machine) server
running Debian Stretch 9.1. I have modified the acng.conf file to
# Precache a set of files referenced by specified index files. This can be
used
# to create a partial mirror usable for offline work. There are certain
limits
# and restrictions on the path specification, see manual and the cache
control
# web site for details. A list of (maybe) relevant index files could be
# retrieved via "apt-get --print-uris update" on a client machine.
#
# Example:
# PrecacheFor: debrep/dists/unstable/*/source/Sources*
debrep/dists/unstable/*/binary-amd64/Packages*
PrecacheFor: debrep/dists/stretch/*/source/Sources*
debrep/dists/stretch/*/binary-amd64/Packages*

I selected
Calculate and display download size
Download package files
Use Debdelta if possible (experimental)

I clicked Start Mirroring, it goes to another page and says "PrecacheFor
not set, check configuration!"

I wanted to do a test run on Stretch and then do testing and unstable (all
in i386 and amd64) after I got the test run working. Am I missing something
I need? I'm assuming I'll need another Precache line for i386 but I'm happy
to test on amd64 to get it working before I go further.

Also will that configuration download the security repos or do I need to
add another Precache line for them?

Thanks in advance
Michael.