[apt-proxy-users] Any thoughts on Bug # 409217 ?

Chris Halls halls at debian.org
Fri May 18 11:12:04 UTC 2007

Hi Chris

On Thursday 17 May 2007 00:13, Chris Bell wrote:
>    Has anyone managed to confirm my suspicions about apt-proxy trying to
> read the Release and Release.gpg files from /var/lib/apt without the
> correct permissions?

I've just read your bugreport. The connection failed errors are probably due
to some internal problem, and you should see more information in the
logfile /var/log/apt-proxy.log. Maybe you could post that?

apt-proxy does not read any files in /var/lib/apt so this is unlikely to be
the problem. The permissions under /var/cache/apt-proxy are very restrictive
due to some other historical issue, which I can't find in the changelog at
the moment.

Chris