[apt-proxy-users] Any thoughts on Bug # 409217 ?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri May 25 23:14:54 UTC 2007

Hello,
   A new installation is still failing.
   I usually edit configuration files by adding any amended configurations
on the following line, and attempt to comment out the original entries, so
that the original order is retained but the line numbers are changed. Are
the exact line numbers, or the original order of the configuration entries,
relevant in /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy-v2.conf?
   I am getting the following warning after apt-proxy start

/usrlib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted/manhole/telnet.py:8:
DeprecationWarning: As of Twisted 2.1, twisted.protocols.telnet is
deprecated. See twisted.conch.telnet for the current, supported API.
  from twisted.protocols import telnet
/usr/sbin/apt-proxy: Wrong number of arguments.

apt-proxy does not appear to start, and apt-get update shows repeated
problems, with permission denied accessing port 9999 on both the external IP
address and 127.0.0.1

   I used another local box running apt-cacher as a proxy while
re-installing Debian Etch, but there is no mention of that box in either
/etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy-v2.conf

--
Chris Bell