[apt-proxy-users] Any thoughts on Bug # 409217 ?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed May 23 19:08:37 UTC 2007

On Wed 23 May, Chris Halls wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tuesday 22 May 2007 12:02, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    I have had notification that my previous email with attatchment was
> > greater than the standard maximum size, so I cancelled it and have sent
> > this reply.
>
> Ah. I received the admin message and was able to extract the log you sent from
> that. The logfile does not show any activity at all, except for apt-proxy's
> housekeeping processes. Also, the log level is set low so there isn't much
> detail. Please can you add this line to your apt-proxy.conf:
>
> debug = all:9 db:7
>
> and then stop apt-proxy, clear the logfile and restart? That should give you
> lots of detail, which you can then send directly to me (halls at debian.org).
>
> Thanks
> Chris

   The box that I was using as a primary source of packages was doing very
little else, so I have just copied all the package files to another box,
with the intention of re-installing Etch and apt-proxy from scratch, then
re-importing the files. I am suspicious that it may have picked up too many
unwanted files and auto-learnt too many unwanted sources of Debian package
lists, and possibly even be just giving a time-out as it tries to compile a
new list, so I will let a clean installation scan the saved packages and
import what it needs.

--
Chris Bell