[Apt-zip-devel] Clobbering partly downloaded files

Eddy Petrişor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 08:34:59 UTC 2006

Hello,

Current code of apt-zip in that area is:

        do_wget() {
            if [ -r ../\$2 ] ; then echo "Already got \$2"; return 1; fi
            wget -t3 -nv -O \$2 \$1
            ${SLEEPCMD}
            return \$?

As you can see, if the file is present (and it will be, even if
incomlpete) then is assumed is complete, which is bad.

I am not sure if clobbering binaries (in some cases) breaks them or
wget is that smart to do the right thing every time.

Taking into account #184354 (md5sum not being performed currently) I
feel this should be improved. providing an incomplete file does not
help at all.

So, I am inclined to agree with the original submitter, but I fear
that clobbering should be done after I add back the md5sum checking.

--
Regards,
EddyP