[Apt-zip-devel] apt-offline

Giacomo A. Catenazzi cate at debian.org
Thu Apr 17 12:00:50 UTC 2008

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> [...]

Hmm. I think you see the entire page. It is a static html
page. The problem is the format (or lack of format) and the
content, so it doesn't seems complete.

If you talk about the list.cgi page, eventually you should
wait one minute and retry, so that the cache will be
regenerated.

> I can read now the instructions.
>
> Can apt-offline detect the distribution from the package.lst file?.
> Select would be usefull as an option ( you could include LIST DEFAULT as
> the "default" marked option in the list).

I was thinking about this, when I included the "arch" in the
package.lst.

In this case probably we need two pages. one simple and one
advanced.  Also the mirror could be selected automatically,
but I had no time to look some free geo-ip packages (and to
include the debian mirrors in a database).

Anyway, then I should do also an "advanced" interface,
allowing people to select other version (mixed distributions)
and mirror (bypass temporary broken local mirror)

> On the other hand, can you create a *.deb file with apt-offline script (
> http://offline.debian.net/apt-offline ). So, I could dpkg --install
> apt-offlline .

This is a preliminary script. I should see if it can be included in
apt-zip or if I should do an other package. But if you look at the
script, it is only 15 lines of code.

ciao
	cate