[Apt-zip-devel] Exporting USEMD5SUMS

François Févotte francois.fevotte at ensta.org
Tue Mar 18 08:13:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Giacomo Catenazzi <cate at debian.org> wrote:
>  BTW somebody proposed me an other design: a web based application.
> [...]
>  Because the server will be in a debian machine, I think
>  coding it will be a lot simpler that actual apt-zip.

I'm not sure I understand this correctly... Are you suggesting to use
a central server from the debian project for this web-based version of
apt-zip ? Or will it be up to the user to install the server part of
apt-zip on a connected system ?
I think the latter is a bit of a regression, in the way that we cannot
expect every apt-zip user to be able to install a server on a
connected system.

As for the former solution, I think it is quite good. It would for
example completely eliminate the need for round trips between the
connected and unconnected systems to update package lists. But, as you
said, there is the problem of the resources it would take on the
global server...

Cheers,
  François