[Apt-zip-devel] Exporting USEMD5SUMS

Giacomo A. Catenazzi cate at debian.org
Tue Mar 18 12:44:54 UTC 2008

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> [...]

This is the key feature/problem.

I don't think we could give user link to 50-100 packages,
and require that user will click every link.
But to do to in such manner is very simple on server side.

So now I'll found two possibilities:
- generate one (or few more) tar file.
- javascript that will download automatically the files.

I don't like the "spiders" idea. It will mean that user need "wget",
but it will be difficult to windows user, and we want to avoid
extra tools on connected machine.

But probably this will be the first step of the prototype:
build a list of package to download.
The second step will be to tar the files or to execute the
javascript.

ciao
	cate