where to maintain DEP8^W autopkgtest spec now

Bill Allombert ballombe at debian.org
Tue Jul 29 19:09:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:29:26AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I'm a big fan of *code* maintenance collab-main, and I do encourage the
> active autopkgtest hackers to move the code there. But I think it's a
> bad idea to have *spec* maintained in a very open/collaborative place
> --- again, I think DEP5 has taught us a thing or two about that. YMMV.

I want to clarify: the issue with DEP5 in policy was that the DEP5 authors were
aiming at immediate publication of the spec as it was, but as soon as it was
merged in policy a number of bug reports about typographical errors and
clarification enquiries were reported that the original authors did not have
time or interest in addressing prior to the publication. Thus this caused a
situation where valid bugs against the debian-policy package could not be
processed.

I would like to avoid this with DEP8.

As for the format, I would prefer Russ to answer, but I would favor to stick
with DocBook or debiandoc-sgml rather than introducing yet another markup
system.

If you send patches for DEP8, I will apply them.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.