where to maintain DEP8^W autopkgtest spec now

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Tue Jul 29 22:01:01 UTC 2014

Le Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 09:09:00PM +0200, Bill Allombert a écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:29:26AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > I'm a big fan of *code* maintenance collab-main, and I do encourage the
> > active autopkgtest hackers to move the code there. But I think it's a
> > bad idea to have *spec* maintained in a very open/collaborative place
> > --- again, I think DEP5 has taught us a thing or two about that. YMMV.
>
> I want to clarify: the issue with DEP5 in policy was that the DEP5 authors were
> aiming at immediate publication of the spec as it was, but as soon as it was
> merged in policy a number of bug reports about typographical errors and
> clarification enquiries were reported that the original authors did not have
> time or interest in addressing prior to the publication. Thus this caused a
> situation where valid bugs against the debian-policy package could not be
> processed.

Hi Bill,

the problem with DEP 5 was a disagreement on who the authors are, which led to
a tough and very bitter conflict where even correcting typos became major
pains.  Thank you very much for ending this by accepting the spec in the
Policy.

After the ‘copyright-format’ specification was transferred to the Policy
package, I think that it has being well maintained.  I have spent ample time to
triage bugs, answer to people, point them to previous discussions, etc.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan