[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][310835] load-cookies

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Mon May 25 21:05:19 UTC 2009

Bugs item #310835, was changed at 2008-05-20 19:17 by emir aga
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413085&aid=310835&group_id=100070

Initial Comment:
The function load-cookies it will be extremly helpful.
I love axel, keep the great work
Thanx

Comment By: emir aga (emiraga-guest)
Date: 2009-05-25 21:05

Message:
@Philipp Hagemeister
Thanks for the feedback, I will work my best to improve on the patch.

Comment By: Philipp Hagemeister (phihag-guest)
Date: 2009-05-24 15:07

Message:
As already said, thanks for your patch, emiraga (Next time, feel free to post it at http://codereview.appspot.com/ so discussing specific lines of code is easier).

A couple of thoughts (more like incoherent ramblings derived while finishing lunch):

· Since we may want to implement other cookie storage forms, there should be a macro COOKIES
· The whole implementation should be moved to cookies.c
· What's with the g_ prefix?
· I probably misread the patch, but it seems that g_cookies, g_path and g_cookiesLoaded are static variables. That won't work with multiple connections or axel_t instances. They should be members of one of the structs
· getcookiecallback: When is argv[i] == NULL true?
· getcookiecallback: If any comparison suceeds, continue (ifs without braces are hard to read anyway)
· getcookiecallback: The third parameter of strncmp should always be sizeof(g_path).
· getcookiecallback: Why -1 in the second argument of snprintf?
· http_load_cookies: The two strncpys of "" can be simplified, no need to use strNcpy, just var[0] = '\0';
· http_load_cookies: Am I reading this wrong, or do I really need to set AXEL_COOKIES to use cookies? Can't we look in ~/.firefox/ by default or something?
· http_load_cookies: strlen(host) is superfluous, for (i=0;host[i] != '\0';i++)
· http_load_cookies: -1 again in snprintf(hostString, ... . Feel free to allocate a hostString and query of the correct size. Anyway, overly long host names should result in an error instead of a partial query
· http_load_cookies: What about single quotes in host?
· http_load_cookies: (rc!=SQLITE_OK) should probably not read g_cookies (Works fine now, but will crash when we change to dynamic memory allocation)

Comment By: Giridhar Appaji Nag Yasa (appaji)