[axel-users] is it possible to set http header and user-agent in .axelrc file?

Philipp Hagemeister phihag at phihag.de
Mon Dec 1 21:21:37 UTC 2008

Hi Ye,

the Range header is sent by axel itself, you can and should not modify
it. This header allows fetching only a part of a file and is necessary
for download acceleration. As the Range header is just one of the
headers sent in many requests, virtually any server will ignore it if it
does not support ranged downloads, especially if it is a request for the
full file anyway. However, although f.youku.com understands the header,
they immediately block it. Given that they block command-line clients by
UA, this seems to be a desperate measure to prevent people from
downloading their content with alternative clients.

Cheers,

Philipp