[axel-users] How to set retry times and buffer size of axel

Kevin Chen recyard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 06:53:15 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Recently I’m using axel to download some files(about 1GB each) within the
internal network of our company, as a need of a project I’m working at. And
I have come up with some problems, which are:

1.       How can I set the retry times of axel, I don’t see this option in
the axelrc.

2.       How big is proper for the buffer size when the download speed is
about 40MB/s, because sometimes I got core dumped using axel, I consider
maybe the buffer set is too small.

Thx

K.C