[Bash-completion-devel] RFC: dh_bash-completion (was: Re: ./current r1110 [..])

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 20:35:14 UTC 2008

Hi all,

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:28:54 +0200, David Paleino wrote:

> revno: 1110
> committer: David Paleino <d.paleino at gmail.com>
> branch nick: current
> timestamp: Tue 2008-06-17 22:28:54 +0200
> message:
>   added extra/dh_bash-completion to ease future rewrite of bc.
> added:
>   extra/
>   extra/dh_bash-completion

I've added this little script to the package. As the subject says: comment
freely on this :)
The reason why I added the script is to ease the installation of completion
files by other packages. Instead of manually creating /etc/bash_completion.d/
and installing the file, just Build-Depend on bash-completion (or a -dev
package we would create, but that's overkill to me) and make a
debian/bash-completion file. :)

I believe the package should be released (the Debian bugs closed would be
~20...), and it has some improvements which would benefit also non-Debian users.

We should release the package as upstream as well, and that's why I set the
RELEASE number to 20080617 (i.e. today, but it might also be tomorrow... or
anywhen we release)

Luk, you're the only DD (AFAIK) in the team, could you please see if the
package is OK and upload it? Thanks.
If you have time, could you also please make an "upstream tarball" (i.e.
debian/ stripped off)? I could write a simple Makefile for that, but I haven't
any more time tonight to do this (I could do this tomorrow evening)

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino