[Bash-completion-devel] Ubuntu bash-completion 20080705ubuntu2

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 08:19:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 07:59:19 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 10:37:20PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
>
> > You can find the patch attached. Please revert your change, merge this
> > patch, and next time keep an eye on upstream development.
>
> Oh, come on, give me a break!

Sorry, read next paragraph...

> I already filed a bug
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=512556) with a bzr bundle
> of the patch I applied, and Ville pointed out the (non-serious) mistake
> *after* I uploaded that Ubuntu package.

Gar! I missed that report. My whole mail is moot then, sorry for the noise :)

> You hadn't fixed this bug upstream at the time I made that upload. I'll
> certainly get round to importing the proper fix into the Ubuntu package, but
> I don't really appreciate being ticked off and told to keep an eye on
> upstream development when I'm the one who reported the bug prompting the
> (admittedly superior) upstream fix!

Again, sorry for the miscomprehension. I just missed that report, my fault :S

> Don't be misled by the date on which Merge-o-Matic sent this mail to
> you; I actually uploaded the package on 2009-01-21.

I actually *was* misled by that mail.

> I think Merge-o-Matic was broken for a while there, and Scott only fixed it
> yesterday.

Thanks for the clarification.

For future bugs, while we're at it, we moved upstream bug reporting to Alioth
-- but I'm drafting a proposal to move to Launchpad or some other hosting
facility :)

Again, sorry.
David
(shame on me.)