[Bash-completion-devel] [Bash-completion-commits] e7d7ae81 (testsuite) Always look for command availability before?testing?completion.

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 21:31:41 UTC 2010

On 100412 20:40, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> I don't remember seeing any objections, so done in git now.

It's working great, except for 3 failing completions on my Debian test
machine: grub, screen and xhost.

Problem with grub is that on my Debian it's in /usr/sbin/grub, so when
the test-user is running, grub completion doesn't work because _longopt
can't execute grub.

I have fixed this by reinstating the `assert_bash_type()' but now within
assert_source_completions(), in commit 6586c32.

Another solution could be to do the check in lib/completions/grub.exp.
Or don't let the `have' command modify the PATH when looking for
installed commands?

I'll have to look into the other fails (screen & xhost).

Greetings, Freddy
http://fvue.nl