[Bash-completion-devel] Bump match_max for test suite?

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 11:07:52 UTC 2010

On 100109 13:21, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Expect's default buffer size is too small - 2000 bytes according to the man
> page here - for cases where we have a lot of completions.  In addition to rpm,
> there are at least pkg_info, portupgrade, portinstall, and probably quite a
> few other tests that have this problem.

I think I had similar problems with dpkg.  I found that increasing the
buffer size made investigating the dbg.log file a tough job.  That's why
I wrote match_items() in lib/library.exp which matches items in chunks
(default 20).  Most complete test wrapper functions use `match_items()',
so if you'd use the test wrappers like `assert_complete()' things would
work also without increasing buffer size?

Freddy