[Bash-completion-devel] New release (1.3)

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Mon Jan 3 00:42:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 23:57:46 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Sunday 02 January 2011, David Paleino wrote:
> > I believe it's time for a new release. What do you think? If everyone's ok,
> > I'll start the release process ASAP :)
>
> +1
>
> > We can make 1.3, or I can finalize the move out of /etc/, and call it 1.99,
> > or so. Ideas? Comments?
>
> I'm fine with either releasing basically what we have now as 1.3,

ACK.

> or completing the dir layout *and* function/variable namespace roadmap items
> and then calling it 2.0.  Both of these are potentially major backwards
> compatibility breakers so I think they should both be done in 2.0 if we're
> going to do them.

Well, the directory layout change I had in mind would have some backwards
compatibility tricks (a couple of symlinks, IIRC). So I don't think it's
worth a new major version. Read further:

> [..] but I'm not sure about how much work/discussion the dir
> layout changes would require and if there's a concrete plan or alternatives
> around just waiting to be executed or voted on.

I remember doing some work on the directory layout front, on a separate branch.
I'll revive it, and bring it up-to-date (and maybe fully test it), before
requesting more comments :)

Goodnight,
David

--