[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][311403] DBTS 501837: don't use uname for pidof completion, just check for its presence

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Tue Nov 15 19:22:19 UTC 2011

Bugs item #311403, was changed at 2009-01-30 12:14 by Igor Murzov
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=311403&group_id=100114

Original bug number: 501837

Initial Comment:
* Completion for the commands pidof, [..]
  depends on a uname of Linux; however, these commands exist on other
  systems as well.  Checking for the presence of the command seems
  sufficient.

Date: 2011-11-15 23:22

Message:
Completion for `pidof` looks strange to me. My pidof has only -s, -c, -x, -o options and has no --usage option, so may be it's better to use plain _pnames as completion function for pidof command.