[Bash-completion-devel] tmux bash-completion

Igor Murzov e-mail at date.by
Sat Oct 13 14:09:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 12:34:28 +0200
Marcel Partap <mpartap at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> the tmux package contains a file
> /usr/share/doc/tmux/examples/bash_completion_tmux.sh, I asked the
> package maintainer to ln -s it into /etc/bash_completion.d/ and he
> replied that he would rather see it merged into the bashcomp package
> than symlinking that file because of
> > at least two reasons not to do it this way: 1) some people drop
> > /usr/share/doc using dpkg path filters on space-constrained systems, and
> > 2) debhelper automatically compresses files larger than 4KB under
> > /usr/share/doc so if the file ever grows past that, it will break.

Both issues could be resolved by actually installing completion in
/etc/bash_completion.d/ rather than in $docdir.

> What do you think, can the file be added to the main bash-completion
> package?

Having completion script in tmux itself will help to keep it in sync
with the code and thus it is more preferable way.
But we can add it to bash-completion if someone will maintain it.

-- Igor