[Bash-completion-devel] New upstream version?

Thomas Ross thomasross at thomasross.io
Sat Jun 24 01:44:57 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm not sure if https://github.com/scop/bash-completion is the same
project as the bash-completion package in Debian, but I believe it is as
the https://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/ page redirects there.

The Debian bash-completion package is very out of date - the current
version in Debian is 2.1 (released in 2013, before bash 4.3!). The
current release is 2.5 (released February 4th of this year)

Are there any plans to update to this version? Are there any problems
with releasing version 2.5 in that GitHub repository? I'd be happy to
attempt to package version 2.5 if there are no objections.

Thanks,
Thomas.