[Blend-fluxbox-devel] Development - First milestone

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Dec 30 04:35:21 UTC 2015

Quoting Stephan Foley (2015-12-30 09:47:48)
> Hi Jonas, I made the wiki page last night. You have to understand you
> are throwing a lot of stuff at me all at once. I have no experience
> with the Debian development environment.

Great that the wiki now exists.  Next is to populate it - currently it
only hints from its title that the blend will contain "fluxbox", nothing
else.

You need not be expert in developing Debian to draft a blend.  What it
takes to _draft_ it is ideas and opinions as a _user_ of Debian -
preferrably a power user - i.e. experience in installing and configuring
packages is a great help.

The various pointers I throw at you are mostly suggestions for further
exploration, in case you are curious and interested in expanding your
knowledge on Debian.  Few of them are needed for you to draft a blend.

> Maybe the better idea is to start with the wiki as the first milestone
> to define aims and objectives, and make having a base install the
> second milestone.

I totally agree: I thought of the wiki page as "milestone zero" ;-)

 - Jonas