[Blend-fluxbox-devel] Wiki update

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 03:25:05 UTC 2015

Hi Jonas, I'm going to make an effort not to top post today :-)

> A few comments:
>
> Web browser?  Email client?  Pulseaudio?

Web browser: iceweasel

Email client: I don't use...is icedove good?

Sound: Sound is a little difficult to deal with in Debian. My current
solution is to install "alsa-utils" and run "alsactl init" as root
after first install. Then I use "pavucontrol" as a user. So, this will
all have to be looked into.

> Video player?  I recommend mpv.

I have installed:
    gecko-mediaplayer
    gnome-mplayer
   - vlc
but, let's use mpv for now.

> Terminal emulator?  I recommend rxvt-unicode-light

I got a thing for xterm...it has a nice option to set borders inside
the window frame. But, I'll put rxvt-unicode-light on the list.

> Should terminal (real tty) be configured?

Yes, especially configure terminal and bashrc. Very important.

> gksu nowadays link against gnome-keyring which can be avoided by instead
> using caja-gksu.  Should we do that?

OK, will replace gksu with caja-gksu. I don't like gnome-keyring
either. Actually, I don't like gnome for a lot of things! But, they do
good apps, I'll give them that.

> picked the improved mlocate instead of original locate, and also the
> Catfish GTK+ frontend for it.

OK...will add. Also, I have a couple of others I should add to fill it
out. Will post to the mailing list when done and we can review again.

Thanks for helping out!

Steve