[Blend-fluxbox-devel] getting a C X11 programmer on board

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 19:29:08 UTC 2016

It would be nice (one of my wishes) to get a C programmer good at X11
on board in the future.

Fluxbox provides excellent handling of open application windows and an
optional task bar. Other packages such as tint2 provide more options.
There are pagers such as bbpager that allow paging through virtual
windows. Also there are things like dmenu that pop up menus.

Fluxbox without the task bar and extra packages provides a blank
slate. A C programmer fluent in X windows programming could write
simple programs that would allow us to configure the user interface
anyway we please. A simple example would be a little button in the top
right corner that would pop up a menu. This would be good, since
Fluxbox's right clicking to pull up a menu is a little nonintuitive.