[Blend-fluxbox-devel] super thin and full flavors of Fluxbox

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 18:31:21 UTC 2016

Jonas asked me to elaborate on what I consider "super thin" and "full"
flavors of Fluxbox. To me, super thin would be geared towards reusing
old hardware and try to minimize memory and CPU usage. Compromises are
made with an eye towards choosing the lightest possible software.
Examples of usage would be thin clients where one wants to keep
purchasing and administration costs low. On the other hand, a full
install would not compromise trying to achieve the lightest profile,
but rather install the best of class software.

There are other issues, as well, that relate to use. A system designed
for the client server environment of schools would have different
needs than a web developer box.