[Blend-fluxbox-devel] Wiki updated with Jonas and Jed's suggestions

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Jan 2 03:31:06 UTC 2016

Quoting Stephan Foley (2016-01-02 00:25:02)
> On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 2:43 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> If what you do is try make the wiki reflect consensus (rather than
>> your own personal opinion as leader of this project) then I recommend
>> that you give it more time for participants to debate pros and cons -
>> presenting any and all opinion shared on the mailinglist as consensus
>> does not help but causes confusion, IMO.
>
> I have two goals with the wiki at this point. One is to make it useful
> to the developers on the mailing list, the other is to have it
> polished so we can show other people who might be interested in
> joining.
>
> I am open to suggestions. It might be better if instead of listing
> packages I list categories and issues under discussion. Also, if
> anyone has any ideas of resources needed...links to documentation or
> other projects for example...let me know.

I have now created a first draft of a Boxer "node" for our blend:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/blend-fluxbox/blend.git/tree/README

Until I had done that it was helpful to me that you shared every single
package you wanted included in the blend, but you need not do that any
longer - so yes, it sounds like a good idea to now reshape the wiki page
to cover only highlights, and enhance those e.g. with references to
various external resources.

Happy Ne Year,

 - Jonas