[Blend-fluxbox-devel] Wiki updated with Jonas and Jed's suggestions

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 03:30:33 UTC 2016

[posting to the list, send to Erik by mistake...will really have to
look into icedove because gmail is not good for mailing lists]

Hi Erik,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:04 AM, Erik Josefsson
<erik.hjalmar.josefsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/01/16 03:46, Stephan Foley wrote:
>>  navigating "Debian's maze"
>
> Here's an illustration that has helped me navigating! :-)
>
> http://dr.jones.dk/fb/talk/epfsug2/#%2831%29

This image is great. It's funny, because I keep bouncing around when
thinking of who would be best to involve in a project like this.
Sometimes I think Debian developers, other times I think end users.
And then, you want some vested interests but also some change....so
that image really sums it up :-)

> Thanks Stephen for the dovecot and maildir links! We used some of that
> for an interim email solution called tmail in the EP:
>
> http://epfsug.eu/sites/default/files/tmail.pdf
>
> The only relevance the above has for this list is maybe just as an
> historical reference to the DebianParl pure blend project which I hope
> will be resumed, inspired by the fluxbox blend initiative! :-)

I hope it helps! I like the tmail document. Half the problem with
computers is scaling up (more data, larger archives, etc). Simple
things in the small become quite difficult as the size (scope?) of the
problem expands.

It would be very good if you can get DebianParl running again...then
we can have users for fluxbox blend :-)

Thanks,

Steve