[Blend-fluxbox-devel] configuration of /etc and /home/user directories

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 03:50:02 UTC 2016

Hi Jonas, I want to break this out to clarify your comments from a

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> Quoting Stephan Foley (2016-01-11 02:29:23)
>> I am thinking we need /etc/skel for configs.
>
> Beware that skel files are applied only when initially creating an
> account - accounts created before the package containing the skel files
> are not affected, and updated to the skel files are not applied to
> existing accounts either!
>
> Better is to configure files in /etc, by filing bugreports against the
> various packages shipping those configfiles.

This is one part I'm not clear about. Let's have the following
installation scenario:

install blend-fluxbox -> depends on fluxbox -> depends on lightdm ->
depends on xorg

so, installing blend-fluxbox will force install in order: xorg, lightdm, fluxbox

Who gets to install the configuration files for each of the three files?