[Blend-fluxbox-devel] configuration of /etc and /home/user directories

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 05:15:21 UTC 2016

Thanks Jonas, this is making a lot more sense to me. I've seen the
same thing with apache. Also this is how apt handles third party
source lists.

I'm pretty sure lightdm allows this, but, the configuration files in
fluxbox and bbpager don't allow additional configuration using a
modular plugin system...at least not that I'm aware of.

That's why I think we should first populate a /etc/skel file. In this
case, my thinking is the install will be like this:

- install xorg, lightdm, fluxbox, bbpager

- create user and copy /etc/skel into home dir