[Blend-fluxbox-devel] in the team

arpinux contact at arpinux.org
Wed Jan 13 02:12:01 UTC 2016

On 13/01/16 02:17, Stephan Foley wrote:
> Hello and thanks for joining :-)
>
> Arp made a great comment when joining: "old computers and young
> g33ks need a light blend to work with"...that should be our
> mission statement!
>
> Steve

WoW, what a welcome !
thx Steve or Stephan, i don't really know :)

i don't know if we have to introduce ourselves to the 'team', in
doubt, here his my 'fluxbox prsentation' ... don't take it too
seriously, i was a live-build noob.
my latests fluxbox session was for another Debian based distro, livarp.
it starts with dwm as default window-manager (Squeeze based in 2011)
to finish with 12 sessions (Wheezy based in 2015).
http://arpinux.org/livarp/livarp04/help_center/us/sessions/fluxbox.html

this project stopped with Jessie and because i was starting the
HandyLinux project https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/HandyLinux

i have no experience in "blend" even if handylinux is a derivative
("derivative" is a very flexible section .... handylinux has its own
repositories for instance (i guess a blend cannot :) )

in fact, the first thing i want to know is :
xhat are we allowed to do in a "blend" project ?

can we only produce a "package-mix" of main Debian repositories, or
are we allowed to produce some meta-packages for fluxbox default
theme, for menu scripting, for wallpapers setup, for fluxbox-panel
upgrade ...?

how much can we configure user and system default setup ?

... as he said ... "great power, great reponsability" ...
so, what is our power ? :D

arpinux