[Blend-fluxbox-devel] some ideas to begin with the TODO

arpinux contact at arpinux.org
Thu Jan 14 03:36:08 UTC 2016

hi all :)

my first try for the TODO
1- what kind of use we want for this blend?  [in progress]
2- How we will do it?
3- define the steps to achieve our goal

1
- - ultra minimal (flux/cli) with a full post-install script with a good
choice of applications to install (or not) like crunchbang ?
- - minimal desktop ? fluxbox with custom config and the common apps
(term, filer, web, mail, viewer, player)
- - fluxbox desktop ? minimal desktop + office, graphics, media convert
tools
- - a mix ... minimal desktop + post-install (the crunchbang way)

2
- - ultra-minimal solution could be achive with a single meta-package...
do we need that ?
- - minimal desktop and other solution listed before could be achive
with a mata-package + a blend-common, blend-dev and/or blend-task use
http://blends.debian.org/blends/apa.html#blends-dev

3
- - Jonas said he wants a non-hierarchical organisation. i agree :D
so, maybe, the way to achive could be horizontal too :
a file for each task, everyone can contribute on each part depending
its skills and time. so let's try a list :

 - the user file : what kind of configuration for the default user.
default Debian theme ? default Debian menu ? ...

 - the dev file : specific technical build talks

 - the generic package file : what kind of applications do we need ?
terminal of course, but a multimedia player ? or a video player and/or
an audio player ?

 - the package file : depending on what is decided on generic package
file or not, lets make a list of our prefered light and usefull apps.
if we put together all the apps we use/wants/like, and after, just
have to make a choice... a good way to put together all apps we like
and see what we really need

 - the ethic file : how to spread the world with Free software ?
do we include some apps like oggconvert to ban mp4 files from our
computers ? do we includes Debian documentation and referencies by
default ? how to identify this blend-fluxbox ? do we create a specific
logo ? full artwork (if so, it should be an 'artwork file' too ;) )

 - calendar file : do we have a specific time line ?

what do you think ?

have a nice day
++
arp